This is the privacy notice of Sarah Nicol Ceramics and Textiles, In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to Sarah Nicol Ceramics and Textiles.
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. - We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
1. Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- sell products to you
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2. Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business and our products, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
3. Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business.
4. Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
5. Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
Our website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
- posting a comment on our blog
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared. We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide.
Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us.
6. Complaints regarding content on our website
Our website blog is a publishing medium. Anyone may register and then publish information about himself, herself or some other person. We moderate and control everything before it is posted.
If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint
If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
7. Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. We do not have direct access to it.
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us to:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
Website Function Cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to"spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
10. Data may be processed outside the European Union
Our website is hosted in the UK
- the data protection clauses in our contracts with data processors include transfer clauses written by or approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union
- we comply with a code of conduct approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union
- we are certified under an approved certification mechanism as provided for in the GDPR
- both our organisation and the processor are public authorities between whom there is either a legally binding agreement or administrative arrangements approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union relating to protection of your information
Access to your own information
11. Access to your personal informationAt any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website.
To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website please contact us.
After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
12. Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, please contact us.
13. Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
14. Use of site by childrenWe do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
15. Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
- If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
17. Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
18. Compliance with the law
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website.